Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Back to the bridge


The last days I tried to think back to the bridge and how to integrate this in the subject. In this I knew a maximum displacement per meter is allowed in a construction. So I turned the formula around and determined the width and the height formula. In that formula I introduced a sort of factor width / height. This gives the form of the beam. In stead it would also be possible to determine a width as a value and in that case only the height would change if other parameter change.


The following code is about the beam height related to the the maximum displacement and a factor which relates the width and the height of the beam:

Pow(((5 * beam_load * Pow(beam_length, 3)) / (32 * beam_youngs * beam_wmaxfactor * beam_bhfactor)), 1 / 4)


Further I tried to work with GC again. In this I tried to figure out how own features could be made. This took a day but now I have in this some results.




This view shows that the beam cross section reacts to the beam length.


As can be seen in the previous picture some lines are always based on the same direction. Now I want to try to make them depend on the line which they are related to. In this they always are in a corner of 90 degrees to the basic line. This still has to be worked out.

No comments: