Tuesday, September 2, 2008

This is the first writing about my new subject for the MSc2 cource. In the class we discussed about what the subject is about and about some ideas from different students. In the next days I will try to figgure out the assignment and think about a subject to investigate.

I already have an idea about what to investigate:
In the 6th semester of the bachelor I designed a kind of blob bridge with parabolic construction. The parabol and its form developed to the function and the programme. The thought is to use this as a research area.
The thought is to use basic mathematic formulas (as for a parabol) as a design tool. It might be possible to develop a generative way to transform formulas into 3D structure.
An other possible thing is to use just the parabolic function as basic and to addapt this in getting a form as smooth as possible.

Later this week I will write about the 6th semester and the design. Further I will try to find out something about earlier users of mathematical formulas in architecture. (Gaudi used the parobolic form in his architecture because this was the best way to translate forces)

No comments: